Thursday, September 13, 2007

More on the yard work




Here's some pictures of the night we put the sod down. We had a lot of help from neighbors and friends. In the picture above left, the sod is just starting to be put in along the back retaining wall. In the picture above right, the sod has been put next to the garden area retaining wall. Also, you can see how nicely the grape vine has been growing in this summer. Lastly, to the right here is a view of getting the finishing touches put down.
I don't have new pictures yet with the bark down because I have been waiting for the hot summer weather to cool down and I plan to do some fall planting... I guess that time is about now?!? I want to do the "finished" pictures when the additional plants have been put in. So stay tuned... If I don't get around to it, I'll get some pictures taken with the bark down and the fence finished.

1 comment:

The Barbers said...

It's looking great! You had so much help too. I think that is fabulous. We have nice enough neighbors but I have always thought of this house as temporary and haven't made friends of them. I long for a place in which I feel settled.
How is Dirk?