Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A cold day...

After I started doing some running this year Brynna kept wanting to run my races with me. I don't think she is ready for a 5K just yet, so when I saw that the BYU Homecoming races had a 800M race for 7-9 year olds, I thought, this will be perfect.




So, when the morning dawned, it was 30 degrees and snowing (lightly)! It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but that is autumn in Utah. (It hasn't snowed again since that weekend.) So, here's a few pictures from the event. Brynna ran her 800M in 4:49, which I thought was pretty good considering she basically had no "training" and just ran the race. She was proud of herself. I ran in the 5K with two of my neices who are going to school at BYU. I was able to keep up with them, but didn't do as well as my last race. I'll blame it on my bad conditioning for the month and a half before the race, as well as my frozen toes. It was around 32:20, about 2 minutes slower than last time. I need to practice some more!

1 comment:

The Barbers said...

Running and 30 degrees?!?! Y'all are crazy. :)
I think it's cool that Brynna likes it too. It will be nice if it develops into something you can eventually do together.
How are you guys doing?