Monday, October 1, 2007

First Day of School

Here's Brynna on her first day of First Grade! I'm normally opposed "character" wear, excepting a few circumstances. So, it was with hesitancy that I agreed to the Barbie lunch box, but she is so pleased with it.
The lunchbox somewhat covers up her school uniform, but you can get the idea. The black tie is only required on Mondays, but I have found that she actually likes the tie! So that is good, so we don't have to fight to get it on. I'm not sure if I would have been that thrilled about it when I was her age. I still remember hating that I had to wear a dress everyday in Kindergarten.
She is enjoying school and is showing great improvement week to week in her reading. She also comes home with fun stories about learning about Egypt or some other ancient culture.

1 comment:

The Barbers said...

She's adorable!!! Keddi enjoyed her first day of first grade this year too. She loves school.